Best regards from Dental on Metro as we now all approach the cold part of the year! Again we hope this Newsletter finds you all well. The following information will update you about some important Government policy issues and improvements taking place at Dental on Metro.
As the end of the tax year approaches, remember that dental services can accrue towards the Net Medical Expenses Tax Offset (NMETO) for the 2012-13 tax year. If you are intending to claim, and have misplaced your receipts please don’t hesitate to contact Dental on Metro for a financial year expenses statement.
It is noteworthy that a phase-out of the NMETO commences on July 1, 2013. See our useful links to find out more.
In other policy changes an additional $155 Million of federal funding is being provided in 2012-13 to the State Dental Services Australia-wide to reduce public dental waiting lists. Eligible clients are those with Pensioner or Health Care Cards. Due to the extra funding, the SA Dental Service are issuing “General Dental Scheme” (GDS) Forms which allow eligible clients to be treated at a private dentist of their own choice – to the value of $984. A financial co-contribution by patients to maximum of $159 applies. Note that issuing of GDS forms is entirely at the discretion of SADS. Most importantly Dental on Metro welcomes GDS clients without waiting times! Contact us if you have a GDS form or have any other queries about this.
We also accept Medicare teen dental vouchers and Veterans affairs gold cards.
In other news…..
- 1. We have recently had the Google Maps guys through Dental on Metro and invite everyone to check out our virtual tour.
- 2. Furthermore Dental on Metro can now be reviewed on Google +. We value all of your feedback.
- 3. Dental on Metro places high importance on continuing education of our staff. See recent courses attended by our staff and principal dentist.
- 4. Dental on Metro is currently upgrading its phone system to improve our service. We apologise for any inconvenience noticed during this transition.
- 5. Dental on Metro are now offering 8:30 AM appointments now on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday to assist the ‘before work’ crowd. Dental on Metro can also provide Medical Certificates where required.
Furthermore we are continuing our Gap-Free initial check and clean offer for all new clients upon mentioning this promotion, and are still welcoming new clients without waiting times.
Until our next newsletter, team at Dental on Metro wishes you all the best.